In this episode we are talking all about Puberty with occupational therapist, Sarah Hausler.
- puberty – what it is, when it starts and the biological, psychological and social components
- delivering education to young people and parents
- running puberty group programs – and how you can run your own
- adopting a biopsychosocial approach
- therapeutic use of self and sharing our own personal stories to build trust and connection
- new occupations that are woven into a young person’s routines
- period care products
- menstruation, masturbation and so much more!
Sarah Hausler is the principal Occupational Therapist of Bloom Wellbeing – a paediatric OT practice in Adelaide. Sarah is a Lecturer in Occupational Therapy at the University of Adelaide. She developed the Well Girls and Puberty Plus programs and is the author of Piper Gets Her Period and Puberty Plus Handbook.
Find Sarah here:
Website: Bloom Wellbeing
Facebook: Bloom Wellbeing
Instagram: Bloom Wellbeing