In this episode we are talking all about co-regulating the parents, reparenting and parent coaching with occupational therapist and parent coach, Maggie Viers.
- What parent coaching looks like
- Why children (and any human) can be angry AND simultaneously regulated
- How to support parents who are triggered by their child’s behaviours
- How to co-regulate with parents
- Why children need co-regulation not self-regulation strategies
- How to ensure a strengths-based approach
- How to guide parents back to their inner child
- Why parents and caregivers must be involved in therapy with children
Maggie is an Occupational Therapist and the founder of The Empowered Family. She is a transracial Korean adoptee, wife, and mom to 4 kids all under the age of 7. She has a passion for shifting the paradigm for how we view behavior, strengthening the parent-child relationship, and supporting parents to better understand themselves and their children. It wasn’t until she became a parent that she discovered just how much her early life experiences, trauma, and conditioning were impacting her quality of life, mental health, and relationships. For Maggie, motherhood became this challenging yet beautiful portal for self discovery, healing, and reparenting herself alongside her kids. She’s passionate about empowering and supporting parents to do the same so they can strengthen and nurture connection and relationship with themselves and their kids.
Learn more about Maggie here: